Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lessons to Camp by

An awesome part about being on a design team is being challenged to use products you haven't worked with or used before. I had yet to use clipboard wood before starting this project and wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it until I found the inner pages of the book in my "projects to finish" box. I started off by using my Round it All to round the corners of the clipboard wood and as soon as I did that I realized that it looked like the graham cracker to a s'more! The ideas started swirling and this fun mini came together quite easily.

Our theme for this month is Life Lessons, and I thought about all the things I have learned about camping the past few years while camping with the Girl Scouts and family and thought I'd add a funny spin to it. I added fun "lessons" throughout the book, like "When using a public campground, place a tuba on your picnic table to keep campsites on either side vacant."

I was really impressed with how easily the clipboard punched in my  Bind-it-All and loved how it added that extra weight to my book. I also sanded the edges of the clipboard to add a little extra texture and to make it look a little more closesly like a smore, as I have yet to have a perfectly smooth edge on my graham crackers. Hope you enjoy these Lessons to Camp by as much as I do!

Best,
Heather


Supplies:


Zutter Bind-it-All


Clipboard Wood Covers


1" Silver O-Wire


Round-it-All


Paper: Bo Bunny Roughin It


Ribbon Hydrangea Hippo


Sizzix Stampin Up! Dots Embossing Folder



"If lost in the woods, try to find a raccoon or possum. They will lead you to a
busy highway, and if the car that hit them stops, you can ask for a ride."

1 comment:

Momma of Five said...

Looks fantastic! How do we see the entire book? I can only view the first page.